Best CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (A Step by Step Guide)
Are you looking for ingenious ways to infuse CBD into homemade snacks and want an easy way to incorporate more CBD into your life?
Or perhaps you don’t like the taste of CBD tinctures and are looking for a sweet way to get your dose? Maybe you’ve tried CBD gummies but are still looking for a way to experiment with CBD.
CBD chocolate chip cookies are the perfect way to include CBD in your diet and satisfy your sweet tooth.
CBD chocolate chip cookies are tasty, accessible, effective, and filled with chocolatey goodness that’s hard to resist. It’s an excellent way to add a therapeutic touch to everyone’s favourite snack.
You can hack your diet if you love snacking on chocolate chip cookies and still get all the health benefits of CBD.
Depending on the CBD dosage infused into the cookies, they can help you feel more relaxed and calm after a hard day’s work, can relieve pain and prepare you to sleep.
Before we give you the recipe, let’s explore what the craze around CBD chocolate chip cookies is about.
What is CBD and Why Should You Use It?
Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD, is a chemical substance derived from the Cannabis Sativa plant. CBD was first discovered in 1940 but recently rose to popularity after being clinically approved as a treatment for Dravet Syndrome in children.
The compound is also associated with several other medicinal uses, with results backed by scientific evidence. It is also used as a recreational drug to relieve stress, recover, calm, and balance the body.
CBD can be consumed orally or as a topical application and can be smoked or vaped in a cartridge. It can also be infused in many different forms in food and drinks.
Why CBD Infused Cookies?
Due to the rapidly growing popularity of CBD today and its numerous purported health benefits (including relaxing the mind, aiding sleep, protecting the brain, and improving heart health) manufacturers are eager to get CBD to as many people as they can.
As a result, CBD is being marketed to appeal to a wide and varied population, including children, pets, teenagers, and even the elderly.
For that reason, CBD is now infused into tea, coffee, energy drinks, snacks, wine, candy, and almost any other consumer product you can think about – including cookies!
CBD Cookies Effect? What Are the Benefits
CBD has a long list of health benefits, and though some of the proclaimed benefits are more hype than reality, the chemical compound has been proven to aid several ailments.
It has shown repeated success in trial treatments of several debilitating neurological and psychological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, MS, and depression.
CBD has also been shown to reduce anxiety symptoms – one of the common uses of the substance. It is being used to fight cannabis substance abuse and opioid addictions.
Several studies show that CBD has neuroprotective properties and can even improve heart health by reducing blood pressure. Many people commonly use CBD as a pain reliever because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It also has use as a sleep aid and can reduce insomnia symptoms.
You might wonder how all this is possible for one naturally occurring compound? This is because CBD binds to receptors found in the human endogenous endocannabinoid system. This system helps to regulate different functions in the body, including brain functions.
This is what makes CBD so effective at treating a variety of common ailments and makes is a versatile, medicinal supplement.
Now, let’s get to the sweet part and take a look at how to make mouthwatering CBD chocolate chip cookies at home.
How Do You Make CBD Cookies?
Making CBD chocolate chip cookies is not very different from making traditional chocolate chip cookies.
The single difference is the CBD that is added into the mix when the ingredients are being prepared.
As long as you add in the appropriate dosage of CBD, you can try different recipes and still end up with a CBD-infused chocolate chip cookie. However, the taste, appearance, and effectiveness of the cookie as a CBD edible may differ.
CBD is a volatile substance that can quickly lose its potency if mismanaged. If you expose CBD to elevated temperatures for a short period of time, the substance will oxidise and lose potency. Oxidation also occurs at room temperature, but the process will take longer.
The bottom line is to handle your CBD with care and prevent exposure to acidic or alkaline substances. Whenever you decide to bake or cook with CBD, it is best to do it below 320 °F as CBD boils above 320 °F and will begin to break down.
If you bake your cookies with CBD above 320 °F, there is a chance that the CBD will become less potent. But in reality, the cookie may never reach the oven’s temperature before it is removed.
You may only have to keep your cookies in the oven for a more extended period for them to bake appropriately at a lower temperature with CBD.
This is why we have below a tried and trusted CBD chocolate chip recipe that makes the best chocolate chip cookie. This recipe perfectly incorporates CBD and will preserve its potency during the baking process.
Best CBD Chocolate Chip Recipe to Try at Home
- One cup of bread flour
- One cup of all-purpose flour
- One tsp baking soda
- One tsp salt
- One cup of unsalted butter (to be browned)
- One cup of dark brown sugar
- Half a cup of white sugar
- Two teaspoons of vanilla
- One teaspoon of expresso powder or cinnamon (for more flavour)
- Two eggs
- One and a half cups of chocolate chips
- Half a cup of chopped chocolate chunks (for more variety)
- 10 mL of CBD oil
Steps & Procedure
- Mix the dry ingredients (bread flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt) in a separate bowl
- Next, brown the unsalted butter: heat the butter in a small saucepan and stir until the butter is brown, then remove it and let it cool in a measuring glass as you move to the next step.
- Now mix the next set of ingredients together in a separate bowl with a hand mixer: dark brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, espresso (or cinnamon), the two eggs, the cooled browned butter, and 10 mL of CBD oil.
- Add the dry ingredient to the bowl and mix everything with the hand mixer. Do not overmix. It is okay if white flour is still around your bowl. The dough should be rough.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and the chopped chocolate chunks into the bowl. This time use a spatula to fold in the chocolate pieces until it is consistent throughout the batter.
- Now form your cookies by scooping two tablespoons of batter for each cookie and rolling it into a perfect circle unto a greased parchment. Repeat until you have used up all your batter.
- Start preheating your oven to 300 °F and use this time to chill the cookie dough for about an hour for the best flavour and the best shape. (It is okay to move to the next step if you can’t chill the cookie mix)
- Leave about two inches of space between each cookie to allow space for the cookies to spread.
- Then bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or till the cookies are just golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a rack for a few minutes before digging in!
This recipe produces about 24 cookies with about 7 mg of CBD.
Can You Trip on CBD Chocolate Chip?
CBD is a non-psychoactive chemical compound that contains less than 0.3% THC, so you will not trip or get “high” on CBD chocolate chip cookies. Even if you eat a couple of cookies, you are safe from any psychoactivity associated with THC.
Can You Bake with CBD Drops?
Yes, you can bake CBD with drops and tinctures. Ensure you get the dosage of CBD right so that you can calculate the amount of CBD in whatever pastry you whip up. You can also infuse CBD into your cookies with CBD sugar, CBD concentrates, and any other CBD product with less than 0.3% THC.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with An Edge
There you have it, the most delicious and indulgent CBD chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever come across.
CBD cookies are the perfect antidote to the every day aches and pains that comes from a hard days work. Each bite will have you feeling more relaxed and at ease.
Give this recipe a try and bake a therapeutic snack that will have everyone at your table reaching for more!